Thursday, May 05, 2005

How long does it take to fix up a home and sell it?

On 5/4/05, KIM wrote:
Hi Jeanette...My name is Kim and I recently started thinking of buying houses, fixing them up, and then selling them. I have a few questions for you. I have never purchased a home, so I am really new to all of this. How long about does it take to fix up a home and sell it? Really, I am just wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about all of this.

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kim,

There are so many variables on fixing houses for profit. Where are you located? Can you paint and do minor repairs yourself? Or, do you need to hire out the work? Do you know how to choose decorating materials for your target buyer?

How long it takes depends on the house's condition. Some of our houses require little work; others need every surface redone--floors, walls, ceilings, kitchens, etc. We have done a house in a couple of weeks that only needed fresh paint and carpet. Keep in mind that ours is a family business--my husband and son help. I do shopping for materials, paint, and decorating, but my husband works on the houses full time. He likes this work better than teaching. We like the paycheck better, too!

Joy to you!

Jeanette

No comments: